Saturday, December 16, 2006

Some things just don't make sense...

Like VH1 Metal Mania Stripped Volume 2. I have seen the series advertised & thought oh yeah I NEED these Cds... So I get my self to amazon...
and start listening to the samples... Telsa's No way out was good, Whitesnake's Here I go again - ok I didn't hate it, Winger's Madeline wasn't any worse than the original, Dokken's Into the fire, I was wishing for more. And Nelson...come on, felt like I was listening to 98 degrees...

Ok so over all, the samples weren't selling me on the CD. Maybe someday I'll download a song or two, but I'm not going to invest in the WHOLE series.

After all how can you REALLY strip down Metal??? Then it isn't metal anymore, is it???

Decide for yourself, you can click the link above & take a listen. Of course they are just brief snippets of the song. I would think they would want to play the best parts...but maybe they don't want to sell the CDs...

Of course Metal purists will argue if any of the bands featured were ever "Metal" to begin with...

If I am wrong & you can't live with out this in your collection then feel free, maybe I'm just a 80s hair band snob!

No comments: