Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ah the Green...

Ok, so I just got done reading this article on the yahoo front page http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/ap_on_sc/cinnamon_sound

Good grief! Did my tax dollars pay for this study???

That was my first thought!!! It made me feel so old (could just be cuz my birthday was on the 24th). Now I am writing this here because in my "youth" I was so liberal, pro environment, I was borderline tree-hugger (coming from a long line of hunters & fishers, & Steel Plant workers). I did an environmental impact essay on an issue in school that not only got me an A+ (patting self on back) but prompted me to begin a letter campaign to my state govt. Ok, done patting, cuz I think the project happened anyways... but I digress...

The one thing I wanted to be when I grew up was an Environmental Engineer. I just knew that I was going to be helping companies become more eco-friendly & that sounded good.... Until I actually worked at it. I did an internship at a major CO. & found that it was really just the opposite, you were helping companies find the cheapest way to comply with standards, etc....

It all just brings back the disillusionment of youth! Oh, how I long for the 80s!!! Ok, not really, but then I do long to bring back the music!!!

BTW, I am now a conservative, how did that happen???

No comments: